I told her that our video was purposely edited to look like it was broken. With the
tape constantly messing up, and rewinding itself, a hard technique and
an interesting effect if you ask me!
She misquoted that as, "the band plays broken music," and "It's just garbage!" Not
that we play on stuff we got from the garbage, but that we're garbage!
What's interesting here is that it sounds like she wrote a review bashing Botchii's music... but she thinks she did A FUCKING FABULOUS JOB!!! She even asked me today, on campus to go get a paper & review the article cause she thinks that I'd be proud!!!
Which bring me to an interesting stand still about mass-media today... it's it's own source. Basically, if you look at today's headlines, facts don't need to be checked & writers don't necessarily need to write about the band. They can just make up the band's history & say anything if they really want.
Just look at some of today's headlines...
• Chile proposes compromise plan on Iraq
• Senator questions Iraq nuke program 'proof'
• Bush sets timetable for Palestinian state
• Congressman quits post over Jews remark
• Smart's cousin may have also been target
• Miramax pulls controversial 'Gangs' ads
• Howard Stern sues ABC over 'Are You Hot?'
• NCAA Conference Tourneys - GameChannel
Now watch as we writter-ifically warp this juicy headlines:
• Chile proposes compromise plan on Iraq-toasters across the country
• Senator questions Iraq nuke program 'proof of insurance and toasters'
• Bush sets timetable for toasters in Palestinian state
• Congressman quits post over Jew's "toaster" remark
• Smart's cousin may have also been a toaster
• Miramax pulls Toasters' controversial 'Gangs' ads
• Howard Stern sues ABC over 'Are You Hot?: Before they were toasters II'
• NCAA Conference Toaster Tourneys - GameChannel
See, now toasters are responsible for war, foreign policy, the Smart abduction, ABC's awesome programming known as "Are You Hot" & the NCAA Championships!!!
All true, and no bashing!!!